Intuitive design and cutting-edge features drive mobile adoption that’s 4X the industry average
Nov. 20, 2017—San Francisco, Calif.—Collective Health today announced new mobile application features—out-of-network claims submission, health funds management, and cost and quality guidance—that ease the financial burden of healthcare while bringing clarity to the cost for the company’s 115,000 members.
“While mobile access has simplified people’s lives in almost every way, it’s woefully behind in health benefits. At Collective Health, we’re committed to realizing mobile’s promise in healthcare—creating the industry’s best apps is a cornerstone of our product development and member support strategy,” said Ali Diab, co-founder and CEO of Collective Health. “Our apps take fullest advantage of the latest mobile device technologies—including camera, location, messaging, payment, and visual identification technologies—to make the experience of navigating an otherwise confusing and complex healthcare system as effortless as possible.”
Even for those fortunate enough to have insurance, accessing the healthcare system can often feel as painful as the health issue itself. The frustration and confusion that comes with trying to research and evaluate different options often leads to people avoiding or delaying treatment, or taking a severe financial hit most can’t afford.
Collective Health’s latest mobile application features were designed to address these challenges and help members maximize their health plan. Specifically, members now can—
- Be reimbursed for upfront costs faster by submitting out-of-network claims with a simple snap of their mobile device’s camera.
- Get the most out of their Collective Health FSAs, HSAs, and HRAs, with visibility into all of their account balances and the ability to drill down into individual transactions. Members also can submit claims for substantiation with just a photo of a receipt, and can see what needs their attention so they meet key deadlines.
- Make informed choices prior to treatment with Collective Health’s new mobile cost and quality guidance features. With a simple search, members can see the fair price of a specific treatment, which providers offer the best quality treatment for a given price, and how those providers’ prices compare to the broader market.
The latest features will be fully available in Collective Health’s Android and iPhone mobile applications in November, and will be rolled out in the Collective Health web application in early 2018.
About Collective Health’s Mobile Application
Collective Health’s application is redefining expectations for engaging with health benefits on mobile. While mobile technologies have become ubiquitous in almost every part of people’s lives, only 4 percent of American adults use mobile to engage with their health plan. Collective Health has quadrupled industry standard adoption, and one-in-four households use our mobile application to navigate health benefits.
More importantly, the application is increasing people’s engagement with benefits—40 percent of Collective Health’s unique monthly visits come through the mobile application, with mobile users logging in 35 percent more often than web users.
In addition to the new features, the Collective Health mobile application helps members—
- Understand their options, with an overview of all of their benefits (health, vision, dental, and pharmacy), descriptions of the services and treatments included in their plans, and simple explanations of confusing insurance terms. Members can also access details on supplemental programs offered by their employer through Collective Health’s dozens of integrated program partners.
- Navigate treatment on-the-go across the U.S. Members can search by provider or service with results sortable by distance, gender, and language spoken. If people need more guidance, they can click-to-call or email a Collective Health Member Advocate directly from the application.
- Engage with services and manage the financial side of healthcare without the hassle of paperwork. At the doctor’s office or pharmacy, members can show or email their insurance cards. After treatment, members can access all of their historical claims data—including services provided, the status of claims, the cost of the treatments, what their employer covered, and what the member is responsible for. All of the member’s information is securely encrypted, but easily accessible through Face ID, Touch ID®, fingerprint authentication, or traditional password / pin login.
The application is available for free download in the iOS and Android stores.
If you’re interested in learning more about the mobile application or the Collective Health platform, please visit www.collectivehealth.com/product.
About Collective Health
Collective Health gives companies a smarter way to provide healthcare coverage through technology and design. Powered by a platform that connects and administers the entire health benefits ecosystem—health plans, benefits programs, spending accounts, employee support—their solution delivers an effortless experience for everyone. Focused on serving the 170M+ Americans who receive healthcare coverage from their employers, the Collective Health platform has been selected by leading U.S. employers. Founded in October 2013, Collective Health is backed by NEA, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, and other leading investors. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit https://www.collectivehealth.com.